CAP Engineering is currently seeking Civil Technologists to join our Team in performing quality control field inspections, laboratory testing and provide assistance to our Engineers on major civil projects in the Yukon and potentially other locations across Canada.
- Assisting with field geotechnical assessment and sampling
- Performing field and laboratory testing on soil, aggregate, asphalt, and concrete materials, including documentation and reporting
- Assessing soil classification
- Performing field nuclear density compaction testing
- Performing construction inspections
- Performing construction QA/QC
- Recording, reporting and maintaining test result records
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to carry out assignments with minimal supervision
- 2 to 5 years of experience with field inspection and quality control
- Diploma in Civil Technology or related discipline from an accredited institution would be considered an asset
- Valid CCIL concrete, asphalt or aggregate testing certification would be considered an asset but certification can be provided
- Exposure to geotechnical soils testing is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to travel and work remotely as needed.
- Autonomous and organized
- Good judgement and analysis capacity
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Benefit package available
- Salary to be determined according to past experience and education
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at our Whitehorse office. Only resumes demonstrating above qualifications and requirements will be accepted.