GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER (INTERMEDIATE)
At CAP, we chase chances to demonstrate our ability. There’s a reason we’re so passionate, so driven, and so willing to explore both our own and a new project’s potential. It’s rooted in two words, in an attitude, a culture—one of unquenchable curiosity.
As Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer, you’ll support our senior engineers in carrying out varied technical tasks. While qualifications are an asset, we seek an undeterred drive above all else. Successful candidates will relish the opportunity to work in all environments, whether in a large project, a small crew, or individually.
- Conduct and coordinates geotechnical investigations
- Conduct site QA/QC inspections
- Perform and coordinates laboratory testing of concrete, aggregate and asphalt
- Prepare analysis reports
- Perform slope stability assessment
- Provide technical guidance to technicians
- Collaborate with our Team in applying and improving the work process
- Participating in the organization and management of project resources
- Maintain and develop client relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in civil/geotechnical or geological/geotechnical engineering from a Canadian recognized university
- Must be readily eligible to register with an Association of Professional Engineers of Yukon (APEY)
- 2 to 5 years of current professional related geotechnical engineering experience
- 2 years of aggregate, concrete and asphalt – on site and in a lab
- Experience with geotechnical instrumentation, data collection, monitoring and interpretation
- Experience with environmental site and risk assessment an asset
- Autonomous and organized
- Good judgement and analysis capacity
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive pay and subsistence for out of town work.
- Banked time. Any hours you work above 50 per week will be paid to you at a later date.
- Diverse work. Try your hand at new projects, or excel where you’re more experienced.
- Opportunities for advancement. If you want to be your own manager, then we’ll set you up for success.
Please include a cover letter and resume in your application. Rate of pay will be determined based on a combination of relevant experience, education, and attitude.