Survey Crew Chief (Intermediate/Senior)
At CAP, we chase chances to demonstrate our ability. There’s a reason we’re so passionate, so driven, and so willing to explore both our own and a new project’s potential. It’s rooted in two words, in an attitude, a culture—one of unquenchable curiosity.
As Survey Crew Chief, you’ll work with our project managers and field supervisors to execute surveying projects in the field. While qualifications are an asset, we seek an undeterred drive above all else. Successful candidates will relish the opportunity to work in all environments, whether in a large project, a small crew, or individually.
- Site boundary and topographic survey operations;
- Establishment of control networks;
- Earthwork related survey operations including staking for excavation, backfill, and cross sections for support of earthwork quantity calculations;
- Commodity related operations including layout of form work, pre-placement verification, anchor bolts, rebar, etc. during concrete placements;
- Steel erection operations, including recording of anchor bolt locations, setting of shim packs, and plumb check of structural steel during erection; and
- Collecting and recording required as-built data.
- 3 years+ related experience required for starting Intermediate Crew Chief;
- 5 years of related experience for starting Senior Crew Chief;
- A Degree or Diploma in Geomatics or Surveying is an asset, but not a requirement;
- Strong computer skills;
- Proficient in the use of survey field equipment including total stations, GPS, and data collectors;
- Ability to execute surveys in an accurate, efficient, thorough, and safe manner;
- Ability to work in a service oriented, customer focused organization; and
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Competitive pay and subsistence for out of town work.
- Banked time. Any hours you work above 50 per week will be paid to you at a later date.
- Diverse work. Try your hand at new projects, or excel where you’re more experienced.
- Opportunities for advancement. If you want to be your own manager, then we’ll set you up for success.
- Flexibility to run your own truck/quads/snowmobiles (conditions apply).
- Secure employment. CAP offers year round, permanent, and stable work.
Please include a cover letter and resume in your application. Rate of pay will be determined based on a combination of relevant experience, education, and attitude.