At CAP, we chase chances to demonstrate our ability. There’s a reason we’re so passionate, so driven, and so willing to explore both our own and a new project’s potential. It’s rooted in two words, in an attitude, a culture—one of unquenchable curiosity.
As Engineer, you’ll play a critical role in engineering design, project management, and contract administration. You’ll support our senior engineers in carrying out varied technical tasks. While qualifications are an asset, we seek an undeterred drive above all else. Successful candidates will relish the opportunity to work in all environments, whether in a large project, a small crew, or individually.
- Field visits for work such as site inspections, field surveys, and construction inspection;
- Field work including project coordination, construction management, and project management on rotation basis.Current project locations include Alberta, northern British Columbia, northern Manitoba, northern Ontario, Newfoundland and Yukon;
- Preparation of project specifications, cost estimates, draft reports, and correspondence;
- Materials testing in the field including nuclear density testing and concrete testing; and
- Dynamic pile monitoring (PDA) and data collection in the field.
- Bachelors of Applied Science in Civil, Environmental, or Geological Engineering;
- Willing to register or registered with APEGA or equivalent association;
- Independent thinker;
- An ability to write and speak English well, with additional languages being an asset;
- A desire for continuous learning;
- Prior industry experience is always an asset but not required;
- Desire to work out of town, in Canada, and countries around the world; and
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Competitive pay and subsistence for out of town work.
- Banked time. Employees can bank any hour over 50 per week to be paid out at a later date.
- Diverse work. Try your hand at new projects, or excel where you’re more experienced.
- Opportunities for advancement. If you want to be your own manager, then we’ll set you up for success.
Please include a cover letter and resume in your application. Rate of pay will be determined based on a combination of relevant experience, education, and attitude.